site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Blog Your Blessings Sundays---Kuan Yin

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blog Your Blessings Sundays---Kuan Yin


This is ONLY the second blog post I've made on any of my blogs since returning from my travels in Asia this Spring and early Summer. When I returned, I had zero desire to blog, and it's taken me awhile to get back into posting again.

However, now that I've processed my journey, I'd love to share one of my blessings, and this involves receiving a very special blessing in Beijing, China. This story involves Kuan Yin, and for those who've read my posts, they'll recall I have a very special connection with Kuan Yin.

Kuan Yin is also spelled Quan Yin, Guan Yin, and Kwan Yin. I prefer 'Kuan Yin' because it most resonates with me.

Ok, back to the Blessing:

I was in Beijing, China and very much wanted to visit a Kuan Yin temple. Before leaving for the trip, I googled and searched the net for such a temple, but I couldn't find one. So when I arrived at our hotel in Beijing, I asked our concierge to help me. She tracked down the oldest Buddhist temple in Beijing which honors Kuan Yin. She offered to take me there (along with others in my group), and off we went.

Upon arriving at the temple, I spied a small gift shop, and when I went into it, there were hundreds of Kuan Yin statues of all types and sizes. After deliberating for awhile, I decided to buy a small metal one which would be easily packable and unbreakable. I already have many Kuan Yin statue's in my Maui home, but I wanted another from this very special temple.

After I purchased it--to my great surprise and BLESSING--the concierge ( who was also translating for me) arranged to have my newly purchased Kuan Yin statue blessed by one of the resident monks! The ceremony he performed was powerful, and I felt chicken-skin as he conducted the ceremony with his long fingers and hands twisting into various mudras. The energy was so strong and loving. He wrote mantras on red papers which he then cut out in designs and attached them to the bottom of the statue as well behind the head of the statue. For the remainder of the trip I hand-carried this statue with me.

Na Mo Kuan Shih Yin Pu Sa



Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Sue said...

Wow! That sounds like such a powerful, and awesome experience. :) Thank you for sharing it with us and I am so happy to see you back :)

July 12, 2009  
Blogger PERBS said...

Wondered what happened to you! I am glad you fulfilled your wish.

July 12, 2009  
Blogger DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

AMAZING! That is truly one of the most "blessed" blessings I've ever read. What an incredible journey and an incredible story and icon... Absolutely wonderful!!

July 12, 2009  
Blogger SandyCarlson said...

How very beautiful. What a sensitive person to make that happen.

I have missed you. I am glad you were on an adventure.

July 12, 2009  
Anonymous Rev. Lynn DeLellis said...

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

July 13, 2009  
Anonymous Earth Shepherd said...

So powerful . . . makes one know that it was definitely meant to be. One Love!

July 16, 2009  
Anonymous CyberCelt said...

What a wonderful story. When we travel, there are always angels to help us. I have often thought of writing about them.

Welcome back. We have missed you.

July 18, 2009  
Anonymous Jason said...

This is a great site you have here. I have a paranormal blog myself and I would like to exchange links with you. You can contact me through either email or simply a comment on my site. Let me know if this is possible. Jason

August 07, 2009  
Blogger Blue Panther said...

I am sorry I am visiting the blog after a long time. Hope you get to full time blogging soon! :-)

September 07, 2009  
Anonymous yuda supri said...

amazing. . . i like this photo.

August 13, 2010  
Anonymous discount contact lens said...

I think that is an interesting point, it made me think a bit. Thanks for sparking my thinking cap. Sometimes I get so much in a rut that I just feel like a record.

December 16, 2010  
Blogger Bambino Gato said...

What an amazing experience for your life!

Clearly you are enchanting and enchanted in wonderful ways.

Merry Christmas to you!

December 19, 2010  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home