site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Blog Your Blessings Sunday--Mudras

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blog Your Blessings Sunday--Mudras



My blessing to share for this Blog Your Blessing Sunday is the knowledge of using mudras. Mudras are a very ancient science. Mudras help to restore balance to the system, and thus, they are great healing tools. Different mudras are used for different needs.

Wikipedia defines mudras thusly: "A mudrā (Sanskrit: मुद्रा, lit. "seal") is a symbolic or ritual gesture in Hinduism and Buddhism. While some mudrās involve the entire body, most are performed with the hands and fingers. Mudrā (Sanskrit) is "spiritual gesture" and energetic "seal of authenticity" employed in the iconography and spiritual practice of Indian religions and Taoism."

The above photo of a mudra is for protection. Here is a link where you can view more mudras.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for sharing that. I have learned something and will try this meditation practice. You are wonderful. God bless.

March 15, 2009  
Blogger PERBS said...

Hopefully you can use some of that to restore balance to the economy?

March 15, 2009  
Blogger Blue Panther said...

Being from India, I have heard a few things about the power of mudras, but , unfortunately, I have never tried them. Maybe some day soon.

Till then, it is great that you shared the knowledge of Mudras with us.

Have a great week ahead!

March 15, 2009  
Blogger DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Lately, Sue and I have been more and more immersed in Hinduism by chance (we're both avid readers and watchers of documentaries and keep "stumbling" on Hindi traditions and history,) but this was new to me! Thanks for teaching me something new!

March 16, 2009  
Anonymous selena said...

I do meditation and thats really much better for gaining concentration ans peace in life.

March 20, 2009  
Anonymous CyberCelt said...

I need one for protection against doctors. I am trying the one pictured, but I do not think my fingers go that way. LOL

Have a wonderful week.

March 22, 2009  
Anonymous Daisy said...

Oh! I have never tried meditation before. This is a good tip!

Have a Great week!

March 31, 2009  
Anonymous displex said...

thanx for sharing this great idea...its amazing...

April 08, 2009  
Anonymous PoshGamer said...

Thanks for the post. I am going to try and see if this helps. I've had a very few tough weeks so really need it :)

June 11, 2009  
Anonymous Jason said...

I'm going to add you right now! Take care.
Jason

August 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home