site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Rainy Days And Astrology Magazines Never Get Me Down

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rainy Days And Astrology Magazines Never Get Me Down

Photo: terragalleria

The last week or so there have been a lot of rainy days on Maui, and on such days, I love to curl up with a pile of books and magazines, one of which was The Mountain Astrologer magazine. I'm going to share some of my favorite articles from the Feb/March issue of The Mountain Astrologer.

The fascinating interview with long-time consulting astrologer Bill Herbst is a must read. I love this part: "...so I tried to run out in front of the parade a little bit, and now I'm presuming that the parade is reaching the town square."

Bill's the kind of astrologer who has been around the block and well ahead of most of us, and his candid insights about our future thus need to be carefully considered.


"Re-Visioning the Lunar Nodes" by Kathy Allan, is a comprehensive analysis of the lunar nodes, and it offered remembrance of my own Lunar node placement through one of the people she examined, Dr. Kay Mullis, winner of the 1993 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.


Dr. Mullis has a Cancer North Node in the 4th house and her South Node in the Capricorn 10th house as do I. It's always good to get a nudge/reminder: "The South Node in the 10th house in Capricorn indicates that, if the profession is directed toward the greater good of the collective, the native can be successful. But if he is seeking prestige or social standing, he will fail."

"Neptune and Economic Turmoil" by Paul Wright is another article which interested me for several reasons. My birthday is Sept. 14th, and one thing I hadn't computed was that the Full Moon on my birthday, 2008, was "significant by its alignment with the U.S. Neptune (at 22 degrees 26 minutes Virgo) in the Sibly chart." Somehow I had overlooked that interesting detail which has me reflecting upon the implications.

Another quote from this article: "Neptune is the great leveller, and as I have said, and over the next cycle I think there will be a (welcome) drift towards global equalisation of wealth." I'd like to think Paul Wright is right!


"In Praise of Melancholy or the Danse Macabre" by Brad Kochunas was another provocative read.
"I do wish to make a distinction between major depression and melancholy, of whose praises I sing," writes Kochunas. I also treasure my melancholy when it comes, and out of the time spent in the melancholic phase, new creativity and direction arise for me. So I guess you could say I praise it too.

“We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.” George Bernard Shaw

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous CyberCelt said...

Looking for a blessing and found a memory instead. Have a wonderful blessed week.

February 01, 2009  
Anonymous Sue said...

Here it has been very snowy, but that also makes for a good excuse to curl up inside with a goodly book :)

February 07, 2009  
Anonymous Celebrities and fashion said...

I love rain, good post buddy.

July 31, 2010  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home