site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Blog Your Blessings Sunday--Winter Solstice

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Blog Your Blessings Sunday--Winter Solstice


Today is Yule--better known as Winter Solstice.

Beginning today and for a 3 day period the Sun & Earth relationship will cause the Sun to appear to stand still in the sky. This is the coding: Sol is Sun, Sistere means stand still, and this is why we call it the Solstice. After the 3 days, the Sun will appear to move again, and this is why we celebrate its 'birth' on Christmas Day.

I feel blessed to be alive on such a Sacred Day and to once again celebrate The Season Of Light!

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

OpenID msdemmie said...

Many blessings to you today - I cannot wait for the sun to return. I has been a long dark year.

Wishing you all the best for your holidays and a peaceful 2009.

December 21, 2008  
Blogger DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Blessings to you at this special time! The best of the soltice be yours!

December 21, 2008  
Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for the explanation. I've got the new Melissa Etheridge album and she talks about three days...and I was wondering and meant to look. Thanks for saving me a search. Wonderful post.

December 21, 2008  
Blogger Blue Panther said...

Wishing you the best on this winter solstice...and Christmas...and New Year!

December 21, 2008  
Anonymous Sue said...

I hope you had a lovely solstice day! Wishing you all the best in 2009 my friend :)

December 22, 2008  
Blogger flip said...

I am grateful for my life with a loving family and good friends. I am fortunate to live in one of the most beautiful places on earth

December 22, 2008  
Anonymous CyberCelt said...

I feel blessed to be alive and blogging again. Many wishes for a prosperous new year.

December 28, 2008  
Anonymous selena said...

It is the best to celbrate sun's birthfay on such great day due to winter solstice. Wishing you a happy 2009.

December 31, 2008  
Blogger PERBS said...

Amen! I am happy to see the sun rise earlier again! BUT I do love the snow we are getting here also.

I managed to get a post up this week -- drop by.

I will return to see if you put up a new post.

January 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home