site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Blog Your Blessings Sunday--Art

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Blog Your Blessings Sunday--Art


My subject for the Blog Your Blessings Sunday post is ART! I'm blessed by having an eye for beauty, for enjoying the creative process, by having friends who are artistic, and for my appreciation of ALL kinds of art.

When I was in high school, I received a full scholarship to a prestigious art school, but my family forbade me to take the scholarship for fear of my being alone in New York and too far away. It was in my despair at having lost out on this marvelous opportunity that I changed direction and eventually graduated with a degree in journalism.

Writing isn't my first love, but it has served me in my life, and I've learned that as long as I'm creating--whether it posting on a blog, taking a photograph, painting, dancing, or singing--I'm blessed to have the creative energies flowing through me.

Art brings me JOY, and when I'm joyous, I facilitate joy in other's lives. And I'm so appreciative of other artists who bring me great joy every day.

"If all you did was just look for things to appreciate you would live a joyous, spectacular life. If there was nothing else that you ever came to understand other than just look for things to appreciate, it's the only tool you would ever need to predominantly hook you up with who you really are. That's all you'd need." Abraham

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

I have enjoyed learning about this episode of your life. Who knows how successful your artistic career would have been if you had gone to NY? But we would have lost your great writing perhaps. Fortunately art expression comes from within and although it can be molded and trained at school, most of the time it has to do with the soul, and that my friend you have plenty. Thanks for sharing this Kuan.

November 02, 2008  
Blogger SandyCarlson said...

What a story, Kuanyin. That must have been tough losing that scholarsrhip for fear of New York. Your talents are many and various, and this shows in your fine blogs. God bless.

November 02, 2008  
Blogger DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Wow... what to say? It is sad you missed out with the scholarship... but it's good to see it never diminished your fire for creativity! A great blessing indeed!

November 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home