site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Blog Your Blessings Sunday

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Blog Your Blessings Sunday


For the last several months I've been engaged in a huge project: scanning old travel photos into my computer and then downloading them onto my Flickr account. This process is a slow one, and this is why my Blog Your Blessings Sunday blessings today is all about digital cameras.

How did we ever manage without digital cameras? I love the ease and speed of sharing digital photos!

I use two digital cameras and plan to add another, a Nikon D60, after a friend demonstrated to me what her Nikon could do.

The photo above is from the pre-digital era, and even though I've been scanning and uploading for what seems like an eternity, I've still got a long way to go before my project is complete.

And then I'm never looking back. Digital all the way forevermore!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Wonderful photo! How did we exist before digital? I don't even remember. Or I don't want to remember the suspense I felt every time I wen to see if I had picture to pick up! Never could I afford to explore photography to the extent I can now with a memory card. Thanks for a great post.

July 27, 2008  
Blogger DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

What's funny is how true your statement is... except for certain situations. For example, in my "study" of looking into ghosts and hauntings... it's better to have a camera, negative, and information on the photo process... as anything presented that's passed through a DSP (digital signal processor,) is "suspect" and can be tampered with without and indications of "wrong doings".

...that said, for family snaps and the like, digital is KING!

July 27, 2008  
Blogger Paulie said...

I am still using the digital camera I bought 6 years ago. I knew it might be a long time before I could afford a new one so I asked for the best back then and it costs me quite a fortune but was well invested money since I am still using it. I love being digital -- take way more photos than I could afford to develop years ago. I wish I had a digital camera when my children wee little but at least they ahve them for their children now!

I loved your scanned photo! I am not sure what I would do with three cameras tho. Enjoy them as they are a definite blessing!

July 27, 2008  
Blogger CyberCelt said...

I am with you. I have boxes of photographs that I never see because they are in albums that are falling apart or the pictures have faded beyond repair. I just need to find a way to organize all my digital pictures.

August 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home