site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Blog Your Blessings Sunday

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

On today's BYB Sunday I'd like to post about the blessings of books in my life. Books have always been important to me since I was young. I've always had a hunger for knowledge, and books sated this ravenous hunger.

I've amassed a large library of books through the years (oh yes, Amazon.com and me are good buddies!), and every year I weed through them and pass many along to others. Since I've been letting go of SO many things lately (as I've written in other posts on other blogs), I've also been winnowing my library once again.

However, I prefer to hold onto CERTAIN books which continue to inspire me. One such book is "Something More...Excavating Your Authentic Self" by Sarah Nan Breathnach. This morning I opened to page 107 which is a chapter on Authentic Success, and I'll share with you two quotes from this chapter which really speak to me, inspire and bless me. May these quotes offer a blessing to you as well.

"The real moment of success is not the moment apparent to the crowd." George Bernard Shaw

"I believe talent is like electricity. We don't understand electricity. We use it. You can plug into it and light up a lamp, keep a heart pump going, light a cathedral, or you can electrocute a person with it. Electricity will do all that. It makes no judgment. I think talent is like that." Maya Angelou

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

I agree that books are a very great blessing :) My motto is scientia et potentia -> knowledge is power, and how better to gain knowledge than through books :)

Happy BYB Sunday!

June 01, 2008  
Blogger CyberCelt said...

Everyone knows that electricity is magic... Books, too.

Thanks for your prayers for my son. Please continue if you feel moved to do so. He is my only son and I feel the darkness closing in around him. His father was twisted and I strive against the generational curse. Thank you.

June 01, 2008  
Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Thank you for the Angelou quote at the end of this brilliant post, Kuanyin. Lately I have decided to give away whatever book I don't think of as a reference. If it's good, it goes somewhere. Books are a blessing, as you say.

June 01, 2008  
Blogger Paulie said...

Absolutely one of the best blessings around! I enjoy reading also. You had two wonderful people to quote!

June 01, 2008  
Blogger DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

"My best friend is the one that gets me a book I ain't read yet." - Abraham Lincoln

Books are amazing... and the quotes about success were indeed very good!

June 01, 2008  
Blogger Gen said...

Blessing of books, so true yet perhaps a thing of the past? With books online these days or audio books is paperback going down the path of VHS, VCR, and walkmans?

June 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home