site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Blog Your Blesssings Sunday--Old Photos

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Blog Your Blesssings Sunday--Old Photos

At age two I stood on stage for my first elocution performance. At age three my Mother plunked me down on top of a stack of books so that my fingers could reach the piano keyboard. This was my first professional piano lesson, and there followed all the way through college-- lessons, practice, and performances by me in piano, dance, and acting.

This was my training for a life and career that put me in the public eye where I worked with people in many capacities through the years. I've collected photos of this amazing journey AND which I'm FINALLY taking on the arduous task of sorting through, organizing, and putting into either a digital or scrapbook format.


This photo shown above brings back happy memories and blessings from my dolphin days. I asked my Japanese clients who had just returned from the boat and swimming with the dolphins (via the nonprofit cetacean research and education organization I founded) to pose for me on a tree branch, and they happily agreed. They were so joyful and had just experienced a great adventure swimming in the ocean with wild dolphins so they were in great spirits.

My blessings this week are my photos! I have so many as I was and still am a photo bug, and sifting through all these THOUSANDS of photos has been a trip down memory lane. I've been blessed by my encounters with people and creatures great and small from all over the world in my life's journey, and these photos are my reminders of what an incredible, blessed life I've lived.

“Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” Pat Conroy

“A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” Tim Cahill

And finally one of my favorite travel quotes by Mark Twain, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

What a terrific blessing! I recently received a new scanner, and too am sorting old photos :)

I love the one you posted :)

Happy BYB Sunday!

May 25, 2008  
Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Old photos are a wonderful blessing. They bring the past right up to the moment. Thank goodness for this digital age and the freedom it gives us to keep and to share these things.

Loved your post!

May 25, 2008  
Blogger DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Great blessing... and the quotes are perfect! I'll be working with Sue on her old photos... I'm amazed (kinda) at how few of myself and loved one's photos I have... save since Sue and the kiddolos... Hmmm...

May 25, 2008  
Blogger Paulie said...

I just ran across boxes of old photos too. I do have some of them in albums. Old photos bring memories of blessing already lived!

May 25, 2008  
Blogger Gen said...

Fun photo

May 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home