site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Blog Your Blessings Sunday--Memories

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Blog Your Blessings Sunday--Memories


I am grateful for the blessings of memories--especially in the form of old photographs. Yesterday my daughter and I began the first step in a new project we're undertaking together. This is organizing our old family and friends photos in creative scrapbook fashion with story lines and collage.

Since I'm very sentimental about old photos and have collected so many through the years, this is a HUGE undertaking, and I'm blessed that my daughter is as enthused about working on this project as I am. We began by gathering some of the photos in various albums and sorting them by subject, but there wasn't enough time to sort through ALL the photos!

We had many good laughs looking at ourselves and others at different ages with different hair styles. We had our dorky photos and our "wish-I-still-looked-like-that" photos. The biggest laugh was when my partner decided to join us and look at some of the photos, and he asked me, "Who is that guy you're snuggled up to in this photo?"

And it was HIM--when he had grown a beard. He couldn't remember ever having a beard, and he had totally blocked that part of his life. He didn't even recognize himself in the photo! He has changed a lot since those bearded times.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger CyberCelt said...

Pictures can be overwhelming. I asked a woman who was moving from her home into an RV what she did. She said she gathered them up and sorted them, scanned them onto her computer, then gave the photos away to her family members. You may want to scan some before you start scrapping with them.

May 04, 2008  
Blogger DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Oy! What's wrong with beards!?! :)

I'm kind of unfortunate... not too many photos from the past... but Sue's are VITAL and well cared for.

A great blessing...

May 04, 2008  
Blogger Sue said...

That sounds like such an amazing project :) Hope your week is going goodly!

May 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home