site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Having Fun With Astrology

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Having Fun With Astrology

Photo: terragalleria

About two weeks ago a dear friend requested that I do her chart for her. She said she wanted to pay me, and even though I normally don't hang out my shingle as an 'working' astrologer for many reasons, I accepted her kind offer. Because she's a great woman, I really put my all into interpreting her chart and giving her her money's worth. I sent it to her in various parts because it took me all of two weeks to complete it for her! I was elated when I was finished because doing a bang-up job was stressful on me. I once again remembered why I don't desire to be a professional astrologer! I'm happy being a mere student of astrology. I like to have fun with astrology, and that doesn't translate into doing readings.

My friend holds my astro skills in high regard. However, I know differently! And in this lifetime, I may never feel accomplished in this area because I read and study the great astrologers and the information they impart. I feel much more comfortable and sure of my intuition!

Quite often I will see transits, progressions, and aspects in a chart which don't jibe with my intuition. And then I wait and see with hindsight if and how these astro aspects played out. Which was more on the money--the astro info or my intuition? For example, did a transit have THAT much impact? I read that one astrologer said you needed to see a theme repeated THREE times in a chart for it to be considered predictive or powerful. Can "good character" over-ride negative transits in a chart even it has been thrice repeated?

I've also read that the Western astrology modality I employ isn't as accurate for predictions as the Vedic astrological modality. Since I've never studied Vedic astrology, I don't know if this is true or not. Any thoughts on this subject anyone?

I have a cause.
We need those don't we?
Otherwise the darkness and the cold gets in
and everything starts to ache.
My soul has a purpose, it is to love;
if I do not fulfill my heart's vocation, I suffer.
- St. Thomas Aquinas

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

We should never stop learning... For me, a bad day is a day I don't learn something new... a day I don't get to hone my skills or knowledge...

March 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home