site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Big Talkers And Partners

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Big Talkers And Partners

Photo: terragalleria

It came to my attention when I was meditating recently that I really don't like to talk. Talking tires me out, and even though I'm considered a good conversationalist, I prefer NOT TALKING and just BEING with others.

This desire to be quiet must be why I've picked--unknown to me at the time--men that have their Dragon's Head (The North Node) in Leo. My longest three running relationships (two husbands and one significant other) have all had their North Node in Leo conjunct my Venus.

According to the Cafe Astrology website, this conjunction is interpreted this way:

"Venus conjunct, sextile, or trine other person's North Node

This pairing is a strong indication of a binding tie between you. You are likely to find it easy to cooperate with one another, perhaps even combining your talents successfully. A major focus of this relationship is romantic love, and in all likelihood the feelings for one another were instant. There is a true feeling of enjoyment and pleasure with one another."

I'm sure all of the above is true, but in my case, I've experienced three men with North Nodes conjunct my Venus, and they all were Big Talkers and Loved To Be The Center of Attention! I think I chose them (subconsciously maybe?) because then I wouldn't have to do the talking! I knew they would take up the slack in conversations with others.

"We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a
changed person" W. Somerset Maugham

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

For the longest time, I have been of the mindset that the "perfect" person for me would be someone who understood the phrase "comfortable silence." I am also a non-talker, but I tend to prefer the company of other non-talkers, although those who love to hear the sound of their own voices seem drawn to me like moths to a flame.

January 05, 2008  
Blogger Sandy Carlson said...

Wonderful post, Kuanyin. You've got me thinking.

The Maugham quote at the bottom of this post is perfect, too. It's good to remember we all change and it really is a miracle that we can continue to love a changed person.

Happy BYB Sunday.

January 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home