Blog Your Blessings Sunday
The above photo of a Kuan Yin statue at a temple in Thailand was taken by me when I made a Kuan Yin pilgrimage to many Kuan Yin temples many years ago. I feel very connected to Kuan Yin and to the Grace and Compassion which flows from her to so many. I also feel very blessed to use her name as a blogger, and I've changed it around a bit in that I spell my blogger name Kuanyin out of respect to the great Kuan Yin.
For those that don't know much about her, here is some information:
- Kuan Yin's name means "She who hears prayers".
- She is also known as Kwan Yin, Quan Yin, Guanyin, Quan'Am, Kannon, Kanin, and Kwannon
- She is both a Buddha in the form of a bodhisattva (enlightened being) and a goddess.
- Kuan Yin is one of the most popular Asian divinities.
- She is well known for answering prayers.
- You can call upon her for protection and help in developing your singing and musical abilities.
- Kuan Yin loves flowers.
- Kuan Yin is the Asian deity most often associated with Compassion, Kindness, Love, Mercy, Grace & Beauty.