site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Blog Your Blessings Sunday

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Blog Your Blessings Sunday


The above photo of a Kuan Yin statue at a temple in Thailand was taken by me when I made a Kuan Yin pilgrimage to many Kuan Yin temples many years ago. I feel very connected to Kuan Yin and to the Grace and Compassion which flows from her to so many. I also feel very blessed to use her name as a blogger, and I've changed it around a bit in that I spell my blogger name Kuanyin out of respect to the great Kuan Yin.

For those that don't know much about her, here is some information:

  • Kuan Yin's name means "She who hears prayers".
  • She is also known as Kwan Yin, Quan Yin, Guanyin, Quan'Am, Kannon, Kanin, and Kwannon
  • She is both a Buddha in the form of a bodhisattva (enlightened being) and a goddess.
  • Kuan Yin is one of the most popular Asian divinities.
  • She is well known for answering prayers.
  • You can call upon her for protection and help in developing your singing and musical abilities.
  • Kuan Yin loves flowers.
  • Kuan Yin is the Asian deity most often associated with Compassion, Kindness, Love, Mercy, Grace & Beauty.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

I often wondered about your "screen" name... Sue and I often argued over the pronunciation... I figgered it would be like "Cow - Yin" pronouncing Kua in Hawaiian... but Sue was indeed right... thanks for sharing about Kuan Yin who, up until today, I did not know about.

Oh, and I didn't think you never went outside... I said that if I had that workload, I'd never get outside!

December 30, 2007  
Blogger Kuanyin said...

Mathew--one of my 2008 goals is to get outside MUCH more often! :-)

December 30, 2007  
Blogger Sandy Carlson said...

Thanks for this. I went to a link about Kuanyin in one of your previous posts and was glad I did. There's a lot to be said for taking the name of a great spirit. You do her right! God bless.

December 30, 2007  
Blogger Sue said...

Wishing you the very best for 2008! :)

December 30, 2007  
Blogger stev said...

keke. i did wonder as well to on your choice of nick when we first came upon your blog via BYB ;)

have a good one.

December 31, 2007  
Anonymous CyberCelt said...

I have one small wooden Kuan Yin statue. I did not know much about the goddess. Thanks for sharing.

January 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home