site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: The California Fires---Why?

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The California Fires---Why?

Photo: Terragalleria

Being the inveterate all-across-the-board investigative type, I've been listening-to and reading the theories and speculations about what is causing these horrendous California fires.

I watched a special on 60-Minutes this Sunday on tv, and many fire and climatology experts assess that just the one degree increase in climate temperature has allowed such fires to take place. Their theory sounded very reasonable to me.

I listened to the controversial astrologer Dr. Turi on Coast To Coast last evening, and he suggested that "terroism" was involved.

I've read many astute astrologers who are featured on Elsa Elsa's Top Ten Sources and each one of these posts made by these excellent astrologers make good points.

From
The Astrologer I discovered the link to astrometerologist Carolyn Egan who had predicted the windy condtions in California in her Fall 2007 Forecast.

I read on Rumor Mill News the theory that a caldera stretches all the way from Santa Barbara down to San Diego and that embers from this caldera combined with Santa Ana winds had started this firestorm in Southern California.

Whatever the reasons for these fires, my heart goes out to all the evacuated people living in fear, suspense, and concern about their futures.

A mass migration is well underway. Where are all these people going to go to rebuild their lives and start over again? Will there be enough temporary housing to accommodate them until rebuilding begins? What about the frail and elderly--who is going to take them in? What about the pay-outs by the insurance companies---will they be as slow as molasses as in the Katrina disaster? Is California going to continue having fires such as this as suggested on the 60-Minutes show?

These are just a few of the many, many questions racing through my mind as I reflect upon the devastation in California.

"The first light of day today revealed what we had feared. The devastation is greater than our worst fears. It's just totally overwhelming." Kathleen Blanco




Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Gen said...

My heart goes out to the many residents that are affected by the fires. my belief, and I am not a scholar in the field, but sounds most logical is... high winds and one degree of climate change can have a serious and devastating effect, hence the fires. I was watching the news and heard about how "everyone is getting along, and banding together". How people are sleeping with their beloved pets and there is a general sense of helping thy neighbor.

October 24, 2007  
Blogger Sandy Carlson said...

This calamity leads me to wonder what will continue to happen as we populate parts of the world that aren't mean to be populated. Here in Connecticut, builders toss up McMansions in lovely, level flood plains, and when the big rains come, the houses are destroyed.

I've come to see the earth as a friend rather than a gift. (I've shaken off decades of church thinking.) How do we treat our friend?

November 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home