site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Uranus Strikes Again

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Friday, August 03, 2007

Uranus Strikes Again



Photo: Charles Pfeil

It wasn't until two days ago that I experienced the 'shocking' quality of Uranus, the planet known for it's shocks and surprises. And like all surprises, it came unexpected. It wouldn't be a surprise any other way, would it?

Since I have had Transiting Uranus sitting directly on my Ascendant for quite some time, I've done my best to maximize the positive quality of Uranus by learning about computers, the net, blogging, and all of the positive Uranian symbolisms. And yet, in every life, a bit of a Uranian surprise must come I suppose. This is what happened to me:

I turned on the light above our stove. It flashed out, and thus, I needed to exchange a light bulb. So I was happy because I had one light bulb left for the stove. I unscrewed the old one, threw it in the trash, and began screwing the new light bulb in. However, the new light bulb didn't seem to be working. I turned the switch on again...nothing! So I went back and began screwing again. Nothing. I tried this process again and again. Screwing. Switching the light on and switching it off. And then it happened....

The accident! I pulled out the light bulb and examined it. It had broken off from the stem, so I had the glass in my hand. I reached into the socket and touched the live wire! Whoaaaa! I can tell you....Uranus touched me alright! The shock ran right through me!!!! Were it not for my MBT sandals which I was wearing, the shock might have been a lot worse!

Then yesterday I stumbled across this silly YouTube video which explains "How Many Members of Your Sign Does It Take To Screw In A Lightbulb" which of course generalizes all the fables and misconceptions of the various Sun Signs in a funny way. So together with my surprising house-call from Uranus combined with this video, I survive to tell the tale and laugh!

"Surprises are foolish things. The pleasure is not enhanced and the inconvenience is often considerable." Jane Austen

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Carlson said...

That's an amazing story. Have you recovered from the shock (ahem)?

Garden Gnome also had a broken glass story on her blog this a.m.

I was reading the other day that the Austrian gov't. commissioned a study that shows the moon has no effect on people and therefore does not have any impact on their accident prone nature in the workplace. Interesting. I wondered why the Austrians were so invested in proving the moon was merely a bystander.

Hope all is well. I'm early for BYB Sunday. I shall return!

August 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home