site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Blog Your Blessings Sunday

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Blog Your Blessings Sunday


What I was sharing this morning with my (small) congregation is that ideally the body works best when it's 70% alkaline and 30% acid. This alkaline/acid balance doesn't derive only from the foods we eat. Our emotions and thoughts contribute to the alkaline/acid of our systems.

Thus, we need to express our emotions in a healthy way and train our mind...this is really what yoga is all about---getting the body/mind/emotions yoked up and working together to BE whole and well. What a blessing it is to understand this and to know this balance is possible with effort on our part.

Many years ago I discovered what is called The Intenders Group online, and I signed up for their updates, etc. Today a very interesting one came into my email box, and I'll share a bit of it with you. I like the intention of setting up a Buffer Zone. What a blessing to have words of wisdom entering my life giving me new ideas and concepts!

"We in The Intenders have all had to deal with patience issues at one time or another, and the way we resolved them was to intend that we always have a "buffer zone" so that things come to us well before they were needed. Needless to say, we also had to learn to let go of our tendency to set time parameters and realize that the Universe often had different ideas about how long something was going to take than we did. But once we began to see our buffer zone intention work, our impatience lessened and we relaxed because we learned that everything is coming to us in its perfect, right timing.

My Intention for today is:

I Intend that I have a buffer zone so that things come to me well before they are needed."

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Finding a balance in any aspect of life is an absolute blessing! Thanks for sharing this...

August 19, 2007  
Anonymous Sue said...

I like the idea of a buffer zone, I think it is something we all could benefit from .. :) Happy BYB Sunday!

August 19, 2007  
Blogger Sandy Carlson said...

That's a wonderful image. Thanks for sharing this info. My veterinarian once said the very same things. We were discussing the lemonade diet. I told him I often eat lemons. He said that helped increase my alkalinity and boosted my immune system. Works for me. The patience buffer scoop is very useful. Thanks!

August 19, 2007  
Anonymous CyberCelt said...

Okay, I will admit it. I do not understand the buffer zone. But then it is probably not important that I understand at this time. Is that a buffer zone? AUGGHHH! LOL

August 19, 2007  
Anonymous Gen said...

I really enjoyed this blog, and agree our bodies need to be more alkaline and our emotions reflect our bodies. Recently, I gave myself a test on my own body. Eating more foods that promote alkalinity. I drank more apple cider vinegar, flax oil etc.. I noticed I was not so angry and so did my partner who used to dread a a certian time of the month!

August 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home