site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Blog Your Blessings Sunday

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Blog Your Blessings Sunday


Photo: terragalleria

It's nearly noon here on Maui, and I had intended to post way earlier than I am. But then LIFE took over....

I even discovered a great new blog in the process with the title, "Life's Weirder Than Fiction", and this title has become my theme of the day.

Here is just one little bit of the day's events: I was explaining the meaning of Eros (the asteroid) and how Eros impacts another in chart comparisons. When you see someone who is obsessed with another-- even if it's a business or a project--Eros aspects are inevitably discovered. As I was writing about Eros in charts, I heard a knock on the door...a very light knock. I wasn't expecting anyone, but I broke away from my writing to answer the door.

There stood a woman in a red dress with a copy of the publication, "Awake!" in her hand prepared to give me her spiel. The title on the cover is, "Instinct Guides Birds--What Guides Man?" She flipped open this small pamphlet to refer to certain biblical quotes:

"The heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate. Who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9

"He that is trusting in his own heart is stupid, but he that is walking in wisdom is the one that will escape." Proverbs 28:26

The synchronicity of her knocking on the door at the same time I was writing about matters of the heart was quite amusing to me. Even though I'm familiar with the Bible (having been raised in a religious family), I didn't recall these two passages.

And quite frankly, I beg to differ with them. More people I feel need to get out of their head and into their hearts. However, even more than this, the head and heart energies need to be balanced, and this is true wisdom.

Animals have instincts, and so do humans. We have an in-built guidance system, just as do the birds and whales. Sometimes though-- just as with the whales beaching themselves-- our instincts also fail us. Why?

My Sunday Blessings: I'm grateful for my instincts for they have been true and invaluable. I will attempt to do my best to remain balanced so that my instincts operate perfectly.

"I rely far more on gut instinct than researching huge amounts of statistics." Richard Branson

"Leaders are people who can discern the inevitable and act accordingly. When people talk about business acumen, discernment is a big part of it. It’s a bit like gut instinct, but a little more developed." Donald Trump

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Carlson said...

That's a wild day you had with the red dress lady. I come across such persons in my travels and they are so ego-driven in their pursuit of Being Right about God that I can't help wondering how God feels about being piloted around by such pushy bigots. I never had the heart or the mind to ask!

"The head and heart energies need to be balanced. This is wisdom."

Thanks for a great read.

August 05, 2007  
Blogger Sue said...

Weird bit of synchronicity, and yes I too tend to go with my gut. :)

Happy BYB Sunday!

August 05, 2007  
Blogger DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

The head and heart energies need to be balanced, and this is true wisdom.

A perfect sentiment and one I have shared (and will re-share) with my daughters soonly!

August 05, 2007  
Blogger Blue Panther said...

Instinct is a true gift to man and one that we should trust more than we usually do.

Happy BYB Sunday and have a great week ahead.

August 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home