site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: An Astrology Experiment

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Friday, August 31, 2007

An Astrology Experiment



Photo: terragalleria

I almost posted about the chart I drew up for the actor Owen Wilson today, but I decided not to post about this matter for several reasons. Instead, I'm going to share a little experiment I tried today, and if it turns out positive, then maybe there's some truth to what I read.

I can't locate the web address for the following quote right now, but I'm still looking. When it turns up as I'm sure it will, I'll return to this post and give credit to the website. Normally I'm very organized, but I'm prepping for a long trip and thus, I'm a bit on overwhelm trying to complete everything before I depart. I won't be posting here for awhile, or if I do post, it will be random as computers or timing allows.

"Spottiswoode, writing in the Journal for Scientific Exploration in 1997, has found that doing psi tasks at times when the constellation Libra is overhead -- around 13:30 Local Sidereal Time (LST) -- seems to have a positive influence. Spottiswoode, a British-born physicist at the Cognitive Sciences Laboratory in Palo Alto, California, found in 2,483 ESP experiments in the US and Europe that subjects were significantly more successful at around this time. Why? No one knows -- but it seems to bear out.

If you want to check out this effect for yourself, be aware that sidereal time is not the same as clock time. In January it is around 6am, but it gets earlier by about two hours per month, so one must calculate the corresponding local time periods. You can calculate your Libra time calculations on this US Navy site: http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/sidereal.html."

So I entered an online contest at this time using the navy sidereal calculation. We shall see!

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the live you have imagined."
- Henry David Thoreau

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Carlson said...

This is interesting. I can't wait to find out how it turns out.

Thanks for the Thoreau quote. Words to take to heart, to be sure.

Happy Blog Your Blessings Sunday.

September 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home