site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Blog Your Blessings Sunday

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Blog Your Blessings Sunday


I took the above photo of the recent Blue Moon, a magical night on Maui. Even though it's not the best photo in the world, I'm going to use it to illustrate my Sunday blessings and gratitude for the Moon. Moon gazing, especially on Full Moon nights, is one of my favorite things to do.

According to folklore, on the night of the Blue Moon, the magical energy is extra strong and enduring.

Because I've been so intrigued by our Earth satellite, the Moon, in all it's facets, I began this blog. There is so much to learn about the Moon (and about ourselves) through Moon lore, news, facts, magick, and astrology.

I've been blessed to honor the wisdom from the Moon!

This Sunday meme was started by Blue Panther, and the contributors can be found on the lower left sidebar.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

A very beautiful picture of the moon. And a wonderful way to BYB Sunday!

Where are you on Maui? My husband and I honeymooned there.

June 03, 2007  
Anonymous msdemmie said...

What a beautiful photograph and a wonderful blessing.

There will be more on Ibiza on my blog next week - still playing catch up !

June 03, 2007  
Blogger Sandy Carlson said...

I enjoyed this post. Do you know the book _The Great Cosmic Mother_? I think you would like it. Looks at earth goddess worship and the moon, a spirituality that predates the patriarchal faiths.

I like this photo and would be proud of it if I had taken it.

Happy BYB Sunday!

June 03, 2007  
Blogger Whatever said...

A very thought-provoking post. How we view the world around us says as much about ourselves as it does about our world.

June 03, 2007  
Blogger CyberCelt said...

A magical night on Maui. I am jealous.

Great picture and thanks for explaining your blog theme.

June 03, 2007  
Blogger Sandy Carlson said...

Thanks for stopping by Writing in Faith on Sunday and for your nice comments, especially re the video. Do it! YouTube is just plain fun, and once you own the digital video camera and a 1 gig memory card, you're set. Nothing left to buy. And people have fun with you while you're doing it. Graffiti is a passion of mine, so getting around with the camera is a real joy. I've met some great people along the way.

June 05, 2007  
Blogger jude cowell said...

Just found your lovely blog and am adding your link to http://secretmoonart.blogspot.com!

Jude Cowell

June 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home