site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: The Dalai Lama's Astrology Chart

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Dalai Lama's Astrology Chart

Art Courtesy of Love Peace Happiness

The last two days on Maui has been historic as this was the first visit of the 14th Dalai Lama to Maui. I've posted about this event in several posts on another of my blogs, Who's Yo Mama, and if you would like to read more about the Dalai Lama's visit to Maui, I suggest you read the last three posts on this blog.

Today, as the dust was settling and my emotions were calming, I began wondering about the astrocartography of the Dalai Lama on Maui. In my last post here, I wrote on the subject of astrocartrography.

Everyone and their dog (not their cat!) was super excited about the Dalai Lama's visit on Maui. So what is going on in this locale with the Dalai Lama's astrocartography chart? Mercury on the Zenith! Mercury on the Zenith is excellent for politicians, communicators, and those who have something to say with an "accepting audience." An accepting audience is an understatement for the turnout which happened for the Dalai Lama on Maui! Our War Memorial stadium was filled two days in a row with a total of about 30,000 people in attendance, and this figure doesn't even count for the smaller events.


I went to the famous website
Astrodatabank, an reliable astrological resource for famous people, to check out the Dalai Lama's astro data. The Dalai Lama is considered to be a Sun in Cancer, Moon in Virgo by Western tropical astrology. Like many others (including my own life story and astro data), the information is a bit conflicted about the correct time for the Dalai Lama's birth, but the one Astrodatabank has posted is the 'consensus' time arrived through multiple resources. What I was really shocked by was when I went to my old standby, Astrodienst, and attempted to plug in the data I got from Astrodatabank, and discovered there was no category for Tibet! There is only China in the Astrodienst list! And yet, you can still locate Tibet on a map. You can still fly and take a train into Tibet. This oversight and eradication of the sovereign country of Tibet by Astrodienst troubled me. What's all that about?

So taking into account the 'consensus' chart of the Dalai Lama given on Astrodatabank (noted there as "From Memory") with the birth data of July 6, 1935 at 4:38 am at Takster, Tibet, we see that the Dalai Lama's Sun is in Cancer with a Moon in Virgo.

What especially stands out for me (among all his many aspects) and which seems to 'fit' when I check out his natal chart coupled with the stories of his childhood, observation via television and films, and the BRIEF times spent in his audiences and presence:

Cancer rising (ascendant) because the Dalai Lama is very nurturing and caring--grandfather energy!
Sun in the First House is is someone who is the life of the party with energy and zest. The Moon/Neptune conjunction makes him very psychic which I feel he is--very tuned in! Saturn Opposite Neptune (this opposition is presently happening)--struggle! Mars in the 4th house of home--strife in the home as a child. Grand Trine in water signs of Sun, Jupiter, and Saturn--a great soul clearly marked for a big impact upon the world.

If you want the full astro work-up, go the Astrodatabank site. I also suggest Thomas Laird's excellent new book titled, "The Story of Tibet...Conversations With The Dalai Lama". There is much information about the Dalai Lama in this book about the Dalai Lama's childhood, family, and life.

When my partner and I were in Dharmasala, India in 2006, we had our astro charts done by a famous Tibetan astrologer which is, of course, very different from our Western Astrology. According to the Tibetan charts, my partner was an elephant in his last lifetime, and I was an angel. That sounds about right. :-) Here's a link for Tibetan astrology charts, but it's not the same person who did our charts.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ASTROTABLETALK said...

I like his Saturn in the 9th in Pisces: a religious leader and teacher, but it's Pisces, he's gentle and soulful and sensitive and inclusive. Compare it with the current Pope who is a zealot and was the previous Pope's 'enforcer', and who has Saturn in Sag in the 9th. It's an interesting theme, because the previous Pope had Pluto in the 9th. Gosh, I've got a blog here!

April 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home