site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: The Blessings of Astrology In My Life

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Blessings of Astrology In My Life


Every Sunday I join other bloggers in a meme titled Blog Your Blessings begun by Blue Panther. If you wish to read their blessings, look on the lower sidebar for the links.

Today I'd like to write about my blessings from having studied astrology. Here's a little of my story: when I visited many Mother many years before her passing, she handed me a box with lots of paperwork--things she had saved from my childhood. My Gemini with a Taurus Moon and Taurus rising Mother was a pack-rat and a survivor of the Depression, so she saved everything! She had a ball of string that was bigger than two bowling balls. Naturally it follows that my box was a HUGE one with my report cards, writings, invitations, honors, yearbook photos, drawings, etc.

Sifting through this box I discovered an essay I had written in the fourth grade about astrology. I was dumbfounded I had been interested in astrology at such a young age! When one considers I was living in a small country town in Oklahoma in the heart of the Bible Belt with religious parents, my choice of writing an essay about astrology is even more amazing. Re-reading my essay, I was able to ascertain I had picked the subject of astrology-- not a teacher!

In my twenties I worked and lived in Los Angeles, and these were the years when I became totally hooked on astrology--burning the midnight oil constructing astrology charts, making note of every moment to later construct a chart of that moment, and studying with different astrology teachers. I still have many of these old astrology books in my library---dog-eared and underlined! I have saved these books for several reasons: when I see them, I recall my passion and dedication to learning astrology, plus they are classic astrology primers.

I feel very blessed to have discovered astrology at a young age! I was told by a famous psychic who knew nothing about my fondness for astrology that I had once studied the stars in Babylonian times. When she told me this in a reading, I received goosebumps and my hair stood on end. Astrology is in my soul history, and I feel blessed to have this opportunity to blog about one of my great soul passions.

Here are just a few of the many blessings I feel the study of astrology has bestowed upon me: wisdom, compassion, non-judgmental nature, understanding of humanity and my fellow man/woman, and ability to forgive.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger CyberCelt said...

I studied astrology when I was young. It is a very exacting science and as I grew, I let it go.

I am glad you see it as a blessing, for things I saw were too disturbing. I have learned to take life as it comes and do not look beyond ...

Have a great week.

April 29, 2007  
Anonymous msdemmie said...

What a wonderful blessing - I have to work very , very hard at astrology - the tarot work much better with me.

I really enjoyed reading your posts about the visit of the Dali Lama - what a wonderful experience for you and your friends.

Happy BYB Sunday and have a wonderful week.

April 29, 2007  
Blogger Hopeful Spirit said...

Very interesting. I know absolutely nothing about astrology other than my sign. I do believe it has validity, though.

May 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home