site stats
Moonlight Becomes Me: Astrocartography And Daydreaming

Moonlight Becomes Me

Shedding New Light on the MOON and astrology

Monday, April 23, 2007

Astrocartography And Daydreaming

Photo: Charles Pfeil

As far as I'm concerned, playing around with astrocartography is one of the best means to daydream about the eternal questions which everyone contemplates from time to time: "Where is my spot on Earth? Where am I finally going to be successful? Where is my home?! Where am I going to flourish? Where should I move to? Where do I find love?"

Employing an astrologer who specializes in astrocartography would be the ideal choice if you have money. However, for those who merely want to daydream and imagine, Astrodienst is a FREE site which offers under the TRAVEL section the ability to daydream about places you could move to --for as long as you want to sit at the computer since the world's a mighty big place!

All you have to do is register on the site, plug in your natal data, and then go to your created page, scroll down to the Travel section, click on it, and then you have lots of choices: the World, North America, Europe, etc. After you have clicked on a location, and your pertinent birth data is on the screen, don't forget to click on 'details'. This is the extra data about latitude crossings which also are important in astrocartography. According to those who have researched astrocartography, latitude crossings are one third as powerful as longitude crossings.

For more information from a world famous authority, check out this link which mentions Julian Lee. Lee does thorough astrocartography readings and has also written a book (which I bought many years ago) titled "The Geostel Brownbook". You can now order it online as an e-book as well. This site offers a lot of information about the beginnings of astrocartography and Jim Lewis,developer of the first astrological map.

Every now and then when I'm in one of my moods to daydream, I go to the Astrodienst site and imagine myself at different locations. What would it be like to be living on my Uranus Midheaven line? Well, according to the way these readings are written (overly dramatic I feel!), living there might be very upsetting!

HOWEVER, as Julian writes in his book, one needs to consider the WHOLE chart and where the other planets in your relocated chart are located and their aspects--not just the lines on the angles as shown in a simple astrocartography map! This is where the guidance of an astrologer is helpful to understand the BIG picture.

Even though I know this to be true, it's still fun for me to surf my astro map and daydream. After all, I have Pisces rising. I'm born to daydream. :-)

"A daydream is a meal at which images are eaten. Some of us are gourmets, some gourmands, and a good many take their images precooked out of a can and swallow them down whole, absent-mindedly and with little relish." W.H. Auden





Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Carlson said...

This is a neat post. Food for thought. Thanks for providing the links.

April 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home